Friday, January 21, 2011

Tropical Warmth



Don't you love this image? It's a Bird of Paradise flower from Doodle Pantry Designs by my friend Laurie Wilson. When Phil & I spent 6 months in Nairobi, something that surprised me were the lush gardens. It seems that when the Brits went to Kenya, they took their love of gardening and used native plants to cultivate some of the most beautiful areas. I'd never seen Bird of Paradise in real life. Honestly, I am not much of a plant person as far as knowing what plants are what. This one, however, I recognized and was enamored with.

When I saw the challenge on Digital Tuesday Challenge, I KNEW what image to use. It had to be this one. It just exuberates (is that a word?) tropical warmth, this week's challenge. Of course, the flowers were a MUST to add to the tropical theme. The sketch is from Card Patterns. It's a gate fold card. I made it so the top part "catches" in the sentiment piece to stay closed.

Details:
Stamps: Digis: Doodle Pantry Bird of Paradise, Clear Dollar Stamps digi sentiment
Paper: White, navy, green cardstock; K& Co. Jubilee dp
Other stuff: copics, nesties, flowers from Michael's, stickles (which I smudged after I took the picture & have to redo---waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!)

Here's hoping you have a WARM day!

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love gatefold cards...great job! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Vanessa said...

Pretty Flowers!! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Jaspere said...

What a wonderful fold and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge.

uksharon said...

What a card for Tropical Warmth - fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

uksharon said...

Fabulous card - beautiful flower.
Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

karen said...

Such a gorgeous card, beautiful colours, just perfect for Tropical Warmth! Thanks for joining us this week at DTC, karenx