Saturday, October 3, 2009

More than a Purse!


Yes, I do know how to sew more than purses! LOL! Here is one picture of the costume I finished for Natalie to wear to a party. We'll add a hat for Halloween so she can be look even more like a piece of candy corn! You can't see in the picture, but her shoes have CANDY CORN on them. Well, pictures of candy corn! So cute! We bought a Simplicity pattern (for 99 cents---I refuse to pay more than $1.99 for a pattern on sale because I'm cheap!) for a candy corn outfit. We didn't like the witch part of it, so we changed some colors. I didn't want to buy stretch knit b/c of the price AND it's the same as t-shirts. So, I used coupons at Mike's & got 3 different size shirts so they'd flare out as they got towards the bottom. I cut the yellow one (adult XL) into different sections so I could really gather it up. I did have to use the pattern for the arm thingies. Do you call those gloves? They were called gauntlets on the pattern, but that's also what they call the middle of the toaster cover pattern, I think! Hmmm. Anyway, the outfit could be done easily with no pattern. I cut a slit in the sleeve hems & put in elastic. How did Natalie get so big?

You HAVE to go see what Bethany made to wear HERE on my other blog.

I've finished another purse & will show you that one probably tomorrow.

I'm trying to make cards for World Card Making Day. I ran out of adhesive! ACK! I did run to Wal-Mart & grabbed some. I just couldn't see using Scor-tape on each piece. Hopefully I'll finish THOSE by tomorrow!

7 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

So cute! I went to my local fabric store and registered for a class on Thursday. I can't wait!

Vikki Jo said...

Very cool idea Lori! Creatively crafty you are!

Christi said...

You are super talented!! Amazing!!

peggysue said...

You really should post a close up of the shoes, would like to see the candy corn. :)

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely adorable Lori. Sooooo cute and clever.

Lisa Lara said...

Lori, I would LOVE to send my Weekend Color Challenge card to YOU. I was thinking of having it as comment candy for World Card Making Day then thought I probably would not get many comments so I didn't. So in the spirit of World Card Making day and because you are soooooo sweet and always ask how I am doing, may I please have your address so I can send it to you? You can leave me a comment with it and I will delete it so it will not show up on my blog.
Hugs
Lisa

One Picky Family said...

Isaac was a piece of candy corn last year for Halloween!