Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Mom!


Today is my mom's 53rd anniversary of her 20th birthday. LOL! We'll be heading over to my parents' house this afternoon. I have been "sew" busy that I just made a card last night. I used the sketch challenge from Midnight Madness and used a Happy Hopper stamp. My soon to be 11 year old dd loves House Mouse and companion stamps, so when we found them on clearance several months ago we added to our collection. Mom is a chocolate lover and she passed that gene to me. I thought this image was perfect for her. I have a chocolate sheet cake cooling downstairs (I HAD to sample the frosting). It's gluten free so I can have some & doesn't look as pretty as Mom's always does but I hope it will taste good. I made a full of gluten pumpkin cake just in case!

Thanks for hopping by today!

P.S. If you know where we hid Mom's birthday gift, would you let me know?

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

That image is so cute and I would be doing the same thing, eatin' that cake!! Lovely tribute to your mom. The MMDesign Team thanks you for joining us this week and we will be looking for you next week too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lovely Linda said...

So how adorable is that Happy Hopper - I have been sent that image in a RAK and you have motivated me to get it out!! What a gorgeous card for your Mum - Happy Anniversary to Mum! (LOL!) I hope you find her gift! Your colours are so bringht and pretty and the CB EF really stands out! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing you next week!!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Lori...your Mom is going to love this card. Very pretty with a lovely image. I'm with you and your Mom...I love chocolate!!! And, did you really loose her present!!!lol Thanks for playing along with Midnight Madness this week. We really appreciate your support.

Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Traci M said...

You know where you'll find it...the last place you look!! I probably learned that one from you...such cute cards Lori, and you are one ambitous Texan gal too...chocolate sheet cake, cards, and bags..woo hoo!! or Yee Haw!!

Vikki Jo said...

Just too cute! Makes me want cake! LOL

Sandee Shanabrough said...

What a cute card! Your Mom will love it! Hope you find her gift! I've done that before!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Ah, this little one is so cute wearing the hot pink hat and eating cake! Great job on this sketch, Lori :) Your mom will really enjoy this card with all the embossed background and details on it! Thanks for playing this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC Design Team