Friday, April 1, 2011

Moda Bake Shop Bag DETAILS!!!!

AND I'm back with details! I made this as part of the Moda Bake Shop monthly contest. This month's contest was to use charm packs. For those not in the quilty world, a Charm Pack is a package of 5" squares of fabrics. Moda company makes the ones officially called "Charm Packs" and they put a square of each fabric in a line of fabrics in the pack. I like them because I can see all the prints in a line and then if I want to order yardage, I know what the print looks like.


I chose to use THIS pattern/tutorial because I love bags (big surprise, huh? LOL!). I used a line of fabric called Lovely.



 Do you like the button closure? You can't see it so well in this picture, but on the yellow/blue side, the button is right in the middle of the flower! So cute! I bought myself an I-top to make self-covered buttons easily. Used a Michael's coupon, of course! I saw the i-top at Archivers last fall & thought, "Why would I want to make my own brads?" THEN I saw someone using it on a blog for buttons & thought, "I WANT THAT!" Of course, I waited for a 50% off coupon & enough money to do it, and I'm so glad I got it. I joke about all the "i-junk" people have: i-pad, i-pod, i-phone....Well, I am now part of the "i-junk" group! ha, ha!

I'm going to be putting this in our "Send Natalie to Camp" auction we'll be starting in a few days. I'll post when we have that all set up & ready to go. Natalie is going to be raising money to go to church camp. She's getting some of her cute polymer clay items ready to sell and I told her I could put in some of my crafts, too. Our "BIG" item is going to be a rag quilt made of our blue/teal/green/brown fabrics we've used so often and love. The back will be flannels to match. Soft and cozy!

Be sure to keep checking back to find out about Natalie getting ready for camp!