Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday card for my husband

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. We've celebrated 21 of his birthdays together (and on Monday it will be 21 of mine). Wasn't I smart to marry someone whose birthday is right before mine? He can't forget mine! LOL! It's hard to create something new after this many years. He used to fly planes, small ones, but he doesn't anymore (too expensive), and I've not seen Cessna 152 or 172 stamps. I've done motorcycles, but most motorcycle stamps are geared towards Harley's. He has a Kawasaki ZRX1100 (yes, I do have that memorized). He works on computers, but I've used my SU computer set a LOT & don't have another one yet. So, I was down to CHOCOLATE! ha, ha! You can never go wrong with that!

Here are the details:
Stamps: There She Goes Cupcake Mix & Match
Ink: Memento Black, Real Red
Paper: Red pre-cut card base, DP K& CO. Winter Wonderland, white
Other: Circle punches, ribbon from Michael's, copics

Challenges:
Stampin' for the Weekend: Monochromatic
Creative Card Crew:Celebrations
Gingersnap Creations: Celebrate
Creative Card Crew: Celebrations
Cute Card Thursday:Celebrations
Pile it On: One color plus a neutral
Card Positioning System:Sketch

14 comments:

Shawne said...

that dp is beautiful and your cupcake is scrumptious!

Di said...

fabulous card i am sure hubby loved it!!
Happy birthday to you both!!1
thanks for joining SFTW!!

Hugs Di xx

Lea L. said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Andrea M said...

Very pretty! Thanks for piling it on with us!

BethH said...

Adorable! I love the dp and the colors reminde me of chocolate cherry something delish. I'm sure Phil Phelt you did a Phantastic job on this Phabulous card! :)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Happy BD to your dh! He will love it!

Deb said...

fabulous card, so love the sweet sentiment, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

sam said...

great card! Thank you for playing along with us at PIO!

Mummylade said...

lovely card. I'm so glad you joined the SFTW challenge this time and good luck.

BethieJ said...

Your card is FABULOUS! Love that cute cupcake!! Happy Birthday to your DH and YOU! :)
Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Traci M said...

Happy Birthday to Phil, yes you can't go wrong with chocolate!!Your card is rich and love the colors, Lori!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Terrific and yummy card for your DH. Im sure he will love it. Wonderful work on "one color" challegne. So happy you could join in the fun with us at Pile it On.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful birthday card! I am sure your husband loved it! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Celebrate Challenge!

Unknown said...

Super sweet and yummy!!! Thanks so much for playing along with PIO.
Trish