Thursday, November 6, 2008

Phew, my first Sewn Card!

I decided to try my hand at sewing a card. It was quite fun! Well, it was fun once I figured out I needed to loosen the tension as my gold thread kept breaking. I have a very basic machine right now. I can do a straight stitch in 3 lengths, a zigzag in 3 variations, a stretch zigzag, hem stitch, or buttonholes. There are NO bells & whistles, but there is a light and there is a plug, so I'm happy!

I first stamped this image in Black Brilliance ink, then embossed with kaleidoscope embossing powder. It's colored with markers, then glitter added. The leaves and flower on the main image were stamped a 2nd time, cut out, and raised on dimensional squares to give it a 3-D look. The pumpkin on the front bottom is stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder. It is also raised on dimensionals. The inside images were just stamped, then sewn around the edges.

I've listed this one on ebay. If you are still looking for fall/Thanksgiving cards, I have several images waiting to make cards, but will not be listing anymore on ebay. Feel free to contact me to ask for prices and types of cards!

I got the CUTEST Thanksgiving Stamp set today that I do plan to use for cards for my family if I can get them done in time. I'll share those when I get them done.

Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

BethH said...

Lori, this is fantastic. Wow! I love it...it's beautiful. You did a really great job. I'm so impressed......I hope you get $50 for this card...it's amazing!