Monday, August 1, 2011

Reversible Table Runner



Click on any picture to enlarge
 
Do you like multi-functional items? If I've shared this story before, just humor me and pretend I haven't. LOL! At my mom's house, she has placemats that my mother-in-law made for her with a Thanksgiving print on one side and a Christmas print on the other. We have started a silly annual tradition for Thanksgiving night or the day after when several of us are at the table. It's the changing of the placemats. We count to three and welcome in the Christmas season! That, and we put up my parents' tree and help Mom decorate it. 

I took that idea and used it with this table runner. Beautiful fall and Christmas prints are so hard for me to resist. This is a way to showcase these fabrics instead of having them cut into small pieces for quilts. I've taken the fabrics, lined them with a batting to protect your table and also act as a "hot pad." I used a large grid quilting design in green to coordinate the two sides. 
 
This table runner is listed on my Etsy site along with my other items for sale. I'd love for you to share my blog and my site with a friend who might enjoy my items! Thanks!

No comments: