Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just One Star (or three)



There is a really cool program called Quilts of Valor that makes quilts for servicemen and women in the US military (I don't know if there is something similar for Canada or not). If you know how to cut a piece of fabric and use a sewing machine, you could do this. It's just 2 types of fabric and just a few cuts. You leave it really big & they will trim them all to size, so there is room for some error. You can find out more by going to THIS link or THIS one. There is a tutorial on THIS link. She also has some yummy looking recipes on the blog just before this! LOL!

I'm new to quilting, so wasn't sure about trying this, but I enjoyed making the first one so much, I've now made 3 & plan to make more! They aren't perfect, and I've had to do some seam ripping & re-sewing, but I hope they are good enough to put on the quilts. I didn't want to send something that looked bad so I worked to make them look as nearly "good enough" as I could. I now need to find a brown pigma pen to sign & date these.

Let me know if you make one or more!

No comments: