Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giving Thanks


It's time to ask the yearly question. Why we only ask this in November, I am not sure. For what are you thankful?

I'll post this on my "everything else" blog, too, but here I want to list some things I am thankful for craft related.

  • I am thankful for the friends I have found over the internet. While I've only met a few in real life, I feel as though I have known some of you my whole life and meeting in real life would just be an added bonus.
  • I am thankful for hands with which I can craft.
  • I am thankful for vision. I'm thankful for eye doctors and glasses. I'm thankful that I can now thread a needle with my glasses on (yes, I hit the "need reading glasses/progressive lenses age").
  • I am thankful for living in a country where beautiful supplies and fun tools are so readily available.
  • I am thankful for a CRAFT ROOM! This is the first time ever that I have had a room for sewing & crafting.
  • I am thankful for those who have encouraged me to pursue selling crafts, and especially for those who have been my customers for Loribelle Bags.
  • I am thankful that my kids are big enough now that, at least sometimes, I can craft while they are awake.
  • I am thankful that my husband is willing to let me try making money selling purses (since the next step is finding a retail store job).
  • I am mostly thankful for a God whose creativity is endless. While we can put things together to look pretty, He speaks the Word and beautiful life springs forth. What an amazing God that knows we can never be good enough to stand in His presence, yet created a way for us through His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, to make us beautiful in His sight.
I could list so many more things, but I want to stop before I put too many of you to sleep.

Now it's your turn. For what are you thankful for that's crafting related? I'd love to hear about your "everything else" thanks on my other blog: What's Cookin' with Chef Mama?

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: