Monday, April 5, 2010
I finished the girls' dresses in time for Easter. Woo-hoo! Bethany (left) is so skinny that it's nice for her to have a dress that actually fits. Natalie grows by leaps & bounds, so making one to fit that will hopefully last was the goal. They picked out the patterns & fabric. I had to do some modifying on Natalie's to make it more modest than the pattern. I added several inches at the top & bottom. Looking at it, I should have made it even longer so she could wear it longer.
The sewing machine I have now sews like a dream. Bethany's slippery fabric was tricky for me to keep together, but it went through the machine just fine. Nat's is slippery & stretchy, so I did a zig zag stitch and it also sewed very nicely. I was totally impressed as I've never liked sewing with these fabrics.
I got to get inky tonight, and colored a bit, but didn't cut anything out. I'm hoping to play in some challenges this week AND get some more purses made!
Thanks for stopping by!