Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Midnight Madness & Teapot Tuesday


This card is for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, number 40. Here is the sketch:
I used that wonderful 3-d/pyramid technique again from Sherry Cheever. I love these vintage prints and this look! I found a vintage font for the Happy Birthday and used my computer to create that. The buttons are from Papertreyink. No stamps!

I thought this card fit the Teapot Tuesday challenge at Cindy's "glob" HERE. She is traveling with the bovines this month, it appears. After leaving Alicia and company, now she has discovered a bull named Bodacious who must win the heart of his loved one in Paris. (pronounced PairEE of course). We must help him decorate a lovely resort. I'm bringing a bouquet of pansies to help set the scene. You may remember another famous bull by the name of Ferdinand. Rumor has it that the Great Bodacious is a direct descendant of Ferdinand. Do you remember the famous Spanish bull? He did not enjoy bull fighting. No, he preferred to sit and smell the flowers. He was a pacifist in the midst of all that warfare with the bulls and bullfighters. He thought it was a bunch of bullcorn. Ferdinand's descendants live among the bulls today and Bodacious inherited the flower loving gene. I believe that if enough flowers fill the resort, our Bodacious will not only win the prize for best decorated area, but he will also be content to sit with his beloved and smell the flowers all day.

Merci for stopping by and Au Revoir!

8 comments:

Mothermark said...

See, I knew if I nicnamed you Git 'er done Girl you would Git 'er done and come to a teaparty! But Lori, I must say, of all the flowers out there in the world, you bring PANSIES to a macho, rough and tough, buck em off in 2 seconds flat, famous bull by the name of Bodacious? What were you thinking? Pansies????

Snort! I had no clue about Ferdinand! Come on, come with me.....we gotta tell the other teapotters, they might wanna get Bodacious autograph!

This card is drop dead gorgeous and even though you chose PANSIES, I think you just insured a win for our big ole lovable flower loving, pansie toating tough-guy bull!

So glad you showed up...now next Tuesday......Git 'er done!!! You card is out of this world!

Cheryl said...

Hi Lori! Wow, your creation is so gorgeous! You really did a fantastic job with this sketch! Your flowers are beautiful, LOVE those layers!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness, and we hope you'll join us again next week too! : )

~Cheryl
MM February Guest Design Diva

Carol Hurlock said...

Lori-this pyramid technique is so unique and enchanting. I had to enlarge your photo to catch the full beauty of it. Amazing...I see why you like it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

BethH said...

This is just beautiful!!!! How on earth did you do that..I need to check out that technique! Beautiful!

Traci M said...

Oh Lori, so you've got a nickname by da Muddermark now..there is something magical about that...she is a real teaser for sure and it's fun to see two of my friends playing together at the tea party!
Your card is gorgeous, you are perfecting this technique!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Lori - you have excelleeed with this gorgeous creations. I love your colouring on those beautiful pansies! I am loving this! It is great to have you playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, you know we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Lori, what a wonderful card you have created. The pansies are so perfectly done! What a fantastic take on the sketch challenge from Midnight Madness this week! Wow!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT
I have blog candy available until March 15 if you are interested! There are lots of goodies and 2 winners!

Priscilla said...

Ok did you make this just for me?? Vintage AND purple?? You know my soft spots huh? I am just in love with this card. It is Gorgeous!!!Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Oh no, Valentines Day must be coming…wait for it… I “LOVE” that you are around to share with us and your work fills my heart with joy. Be sure to check the sneak peek tomorrow and have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of love and of course crafting ;)
Sending LOVE your way <3 <3 <3
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess