Saturday, January 24, 2009

Quacking Up!


This is a Duck of a Different color. Linda B. (hearthcricket on SCS) is hosting a color challenge for Clear Dollar Stamps on Papercraft Planet here: http://www.papercraftplanet.com/grou...or-challenge-7

The colors for the challenge are Pretty in Pink, Apricot appeal and Saraha Sand, plus white, or any similar non-SU colors. AND you must use Clear Dollar Stamps. I have several sets of CD stamps, but they are things like animals, Bible Verses, and even Texas stamps. That was my first challenge. Next, of those colors, I own: Pretty in Pink ink and marker, and Apricot Appeal ink. No paper in any of the colors (but white), NOTHING in Sahara Sand, and not even truly good substitutes from my stash. I did manage to find some that seemed to work so-so.

This set is called "Cute Critters." I colored the beak and feet with pretty in pink, and I used a blender pen and my Apricot ink to color the duck. I sponged apricot around the edges of the oval. I stamped the words, "You Quack Me Up" on the tag using Apricot Appeal, so it is very light & a bit hard to see. I outlined it with a light pink (I managed to put my pretty in pink marker somewhere other than my marker box!).

The closest to Sahara Sand I have is this bit of paper from Christmas cards a few years ago. I think the color was "Camel". I'm thinking since there are camels in the Sahara Desert, then it's gotta count as a close enough match! LOL!

The ribbon was in my drawer from a Target $ spot package. The colors aren't exact, but they sort of go with it. Making Memories pink eyelets (or eyelids as my girls used to call them) came in handy.

I wanted to post some Valentine's ideas, but haven't gone that far yet. I've got a nasty cold or something, so just sat on the couch & colored then made this card today. Gotta get those uploaded!

1 comment:

BethH said...

Adorable! All of these cards are just too cute! Very nicely done with lots of details. Great job,Twin!