Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Wall Hanging



Here are the details about the Valentine's Day Wall Hanging I recently made:
I used the basic idea of the wall hanging from Missouri Star Quilt Company in THIS VIDEO on Youtube. Jenny used charm packs for her darling quilt. I decided to cut my own squares since I didn't have a cute charm pack for Valentine's, but I DID have Valentine's fabric. I used my Sizzix Bigz XL 5" square cutting die, but you could cut them with your rotary cutter and ruler. When it came to the border, I wanted the word "LOVE" to show, and didn't have enough fabric to cut the long strips ensuring the word would show. I fussy cut some strips 5" x 9.5" and sewed those together for the side edges 9 (3 of those pieces). For the top, I also added some corner pieces to add a little contrast.

This was a lot of fun to make and really easy! You just have to make sure you have your triangle pieces turned the right way when you arrange them!

Let me know if you try this one, too!

No comments: