Saturday, February 28, 2009

Little Miss Bunny


I made this card for the Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Challenge at http://clearlyistamp.typepad.com/my_weblog/cds-guest-designer-challenge/ . The theme is "pearls". I used the bunny from Spring Critters and the flowers from Thankful for you.

I thought Miss Bunny would like to wear some pink pearls, so she has a pink pearl necklace and earrings made from some 3-d paint. The images are stamped on Shimmering White paper, so the background has a pearly look to it. The images were stamped with Brilliance Black and then embossed. I used SU markers to color, but went over the bunny with some Lumiere for a more pearly look. Then I mixed Lumiere and Pearl-ex red/blue duo to give the flowers a pearl finish. I added little pearls in the centers of the flowers. I also used pearls as an accent on the corners. The pink embellishments are metal dots. Not pearls, but I thought they were pretty! LOL!

The words are stamped with Brilliance pink and then embossed.

I did some machine sewing on some of the pieces.

I used pop dots on the main image, the bunny, and the words.

The background paper is from Paper Studio's "So Sweet" mat stack. What a fun challenge!

2 comments:

BethH said...

Adorable! I love this bunny and your stitching is sooo perfect. I keep forgetting about my sewing machine in the closet! LOL! Great card, Lori!

Cassie said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your card is beautiful, I just love that bunny. My birthday is April 6, and I'm only going to be 31, so I just raz my husband about missing 3 in a row. He'll miss next years too due to a deployment. But it's just a day right?!?!?